Frenzy Presents 2015 Recap!

Monday, 10 August 2015

Today was the 4th anual Frenzy Presents, which is an awesome event put on by HCC Frenzy (aka Canada's glorious version of Epic Reads). They get to showcase some awesome books that are coming out this fall/winter, and us bloggers get to meet everyone and be spoiled with treats, books, and swag!

So this morning I hopped on a bus and headed down to the city! With me, I brought my current read, Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson (side note: I'm loving it), and my hecka cool sunnies. 

When I got there, I meandered around The Bay for a bit before heading in, where I ran into Caitlin from The YA Bookworm Blogger! We met last year at the same event, and when we walked in together and saw that the same seats we sat in last year were open, we knew it was meant to be, and took a seat.

And then the book talk began. Lena Coakley, a Toronto based YA author was there to talk about her book, Worlds of Ink and Shadow, which sounds so cool! It's a historical fantasy about the Brontë siblings and it sounds creepy, and dark, and awesome.

There were 11 books highlighted, and all of them sounded super interesting. From books that are basically Mean Girls meets Life of Pi (The Lifeboat Clique by Kathy Parks) to books that remind us to 'Go Big or Go Home', there was something for everyone. The titles that I'm most excited for are A Madness so Discreet by Mindy McGinnis (06/10/15), The Rest of Us Just Live Here by Patrick Ness (06/10/15), Dumplin' by Julie Murphy (15/09/15), and Ice Like Fire by Sara Raasch (13/10/15)!

I've included the links and covers for all the books below, because you need to add them to your Goodreads TBR right now.


  










Aren't you excited for these?!?! I AM!

So, after we heard about all these books, we got to mill around and chat with everyone, and I had such a good time. I found myself hanging around the same group of girls, and we had a blast. The squad of the day became Caitlin (The YA Bookworm Blogger), Andreya (Little Yellow Bookshop), Lily (Lily's Book Blog), and Shelly (Read, Sleep, Repeat)! I also got to talk to Nova (Out Of Time BookBlog) and Brit (This is the Story of My Reading Life)!

 



We also got swag bags. They were glorious.





I had such an incredible time at the event, and I got to hang out with some incredible people, and make some amazing friends. I cannot wait for these titles to come out, and to see these amazing people again. Thanks so much to HCC Frenzy for putting up with our squeals and antics, and for hosting the event!




No comments:

Post a Comment