Top Ten YA Books I Can't Believe I Haven't Read Yet

Tuesday, 3 February 2015



Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
I mainly read YA fiction. Wait, change that to I only read YA fiction, with a bit of adult thrown in. If my reading habits are a salad, YA is the lettuce, while adult books are the croutons - sometimes I'm feeling it, sometimes I'm not. But there are some YA books that some people consider staples of the genre, aka EVERYONE has read it, but me. So here is basically a list that you can use to publicly shame me.




1. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
Despite owning the entire series, I have yet to read them! I'm going to change this!.... During the summer!

Just adding icing to the cake here, and admitting that I've never read any Rick Riordan! Whoops :P


I felt like a lot of people read this when they were a lot younger, and I just never knew about it.


Don't even bother shaming me. I'm doing that enough for all of us. 

I feel like I would love this one, but it was never around when I was younger. I feel like it truly is a staple in YA.

I EVEN OWN THIS ONE. IT'S HERE AT SCHOOL WITH ME. IT'S ON MY SHELF. WHY HAVEN'T I READ THIS??



See explanation above.
As you can see, I'm a horrible human.



I know, guys... I know.


(runs and hides from screaming mob)



So... I think I've got some reading to do in 2015 apparently. What would you all consider to be YA must reads? Let me know in the comments below! Also, link me to your TTT, so that I can add more stuff to my never ending TBR pile!

Thanks for reading!!


5 comments

  1. You must read Throne of Glass!! *-*

    My TTT: http://frannieinthepages.blogspot.it/2015/02/top-ten-tuesday-ten-books-i-cant.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some books on this list I need to read too haha!! Here is my Top Ten Tuesday if you wanna check it out :) http://bookbabble.weebly.com/blog/top-ten-tuesday1

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read a few of these. I loved JELLICOE ROAD, enjoyed THE LIGHTNING THIEF, and found CRANK to be disturbing but eye-opening. Ellen Hopkins is good at those kinds of stories.

    Happy TTT (on a Wednesday)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you aren't the only one who still needs to read these, I have only read one! Shadow and Bone was amazing :) But my goodness, I NEED to read Throne of Glass, Jellicoe Road, Winger, and Mara Dyer. Because I own them, and it is completely ridiculous that I haven't read them. I hope you get to read them very soon! (Also, I LOVE your description of the reading salad- I would be the same way!)

    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many of these are on my TBR list. Winger is really close at the top. The only ones I've read from your list are Throne of Glass, The Lightning Thief, and Shadow and Bone. My favorite of the three is Shadow and Bone, but the other two are good as well.

    ReplyDelete