#NYW15 Day 1: Year in Review

Thursday, 1 January 2015

2014 was insane. It was the year that I graduated high school. I moved across the country and started University. My blog turned two. I started performing at poetry slams regularly. I wrote and directed my own play. I read 85 books. I met authors, and publishers, and made some amazing friends in the blogging community.

I read 7 classics this year! One was a reread of my favourite novel (The Great Gatsby), and the best one I read was Brave New World by Aldous Huxley.

I finished 5 series this year. I finished the Shatter Me Series with Ignite Me, The Cahill Witch Chronicles by Jessica Spotswood, started and finished the Pushing the Limits Series, or what's out right now, to name a few. I also finished the Just One Day series by Gayle Forman with the release of the enovella Just One Night (I KNOW THIS IS CHEATING BUT IM COUNTING IT ANYWAY)

I read 8 adult books, which was fun. I found that some fell flat, while others were larger than life. It's a tough bet with adult novels, as I don't know what I like yet.

I went to OLA Super Conference in Toronto earlier this year, and did a book haul from there. I also went to Frenzy Presents, presented by the lovely ladies of HCC Frenzy! I did a recap here!

Thanks for sticking around! I'll see you soon for day 2, where I do the End of Year Survey!

Happy New Year!

- Indigo

No comments:

Post a Comment