Top Ten Most Unique Books

Tuesday, 8 April 2014


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
I am attracted to the oddball books. Maybe because they remind me of me, and maybe because they're just fun. I like experiencing different ways to tell stories. These 10 books are very unique, and I suggest you pick them up!





1. Wild Awake by Hilary T. Smith
The writing gets more poetic and frantic as Kiri's story progresses. It adds to the mood and makes for an amazing experience.

2. The Arrival by Shaun Tan
This wordless graphic novel is very beautiful and tells a beautiful story.




3. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
The creepy pictures make for such a unique mood and tone.

4. The Shatter Me Trilogy by Tahereh Mafi
The strikeouts throughout the series matched with the beautiful writing makes for such a captivating and unique series.





5. S. by JJ Abrams and Doug Dorst
I haven't read this one yet, but I don't think 'book' is the right term. It's more of an experience. 

6. Two Boys Kissing by David Levithan
The narration is so beautiful. I can't even describe it because it's so beautiful.




7. Going Bovine by Libba Bray
This is a 480 page acid trip. But a good one.

8. The Paradox of Vertical Flight by Emil Ostrovski
Such an inventive story and the philosophy in it is so cool.

9. Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen
Beautiful writing. Probably the most imaginative and the best written magical realism in a long time.

10. Stolen by Lucy Christopher
This book is really hard to get through because of the subject matter but the letter format is so interesting.


 These books are so different, and so worth the read! Link me to your TTT posts in the comments! Have you read any of these picks?

-Indigo
@indigowayworth

5 comments

  1. I've read Wild Awake, Stolen, and Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children (which made my list. I didn't think about Stolen when I was making my list, but you're right, the letter format is pretty unique (especially since it almost makes the book have a second-person POV, which is pretty rare).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never even thought about the POV, but that's a great thing to notice. Thanks for commenting! <3

      Delete
  2. I have Wild Awake sitting on my shelf and judging by all the amazing praise it's gotten, I clearly need to read it soon. Also, I think I'm like the only person in the blogging world who didn't like Stolen :/ I see how it's very unique and well written, I just could not connect to the MC and I felt rather bored. However.... I did read it a long time ago so maybe if I gave it a re-read now I would enjoy it more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to read Stolen once when I was in... 8th grade? So probably 4 years ago? And I was the same as you. But when I reread it, the entire story came to life. I would recommend a reread if you've got time :) Also, YES. WILD AWAKE! Pleeeease read this so I have someone to talk about it with. It's so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list :) I've seen Wilf Awake on a few lists now and I am getting more and more tempted to buy that one for myself. My TTT.

    ReplyDelete