Top Ten Books That Will Make You Cry

Tuesday, 4 February 2014



Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
I am a cryer. I cry at books, tv shows, movies, and that one Budweiser commercial with the puppy and the horse. I get very emotional, very easily. I love when books make me cry, because it shows how incredibly written it is, so much so that it provokes such an intense emotion from the readers. So, without further ado, here are the top ten books that make me cry.




1. The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak
I bawl at this book. I start tearing up just thinking about it

2. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
This lures you in with it's wit and adorable characters, and then rips your heart out




3. Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
Eleanor and Park, and their beautifully tragic love story kills me every time.

4. Allegiant by Veronica Roth
Finales always hurt me, but I cried REALLY hard at the ending, and more specifically, the final scene.



5. Side Effects May Vary by Julie Murphy
This book is so funny, and yet there are these small moments that just break my heart. The simplicity makes me cry.

6. Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi
This needs no explanation if you've read the book.





7. Going Bovine by Libba Bray
You wouldn't expect this to be a sad book. But it is.

8. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
I just couldn't contain myself when I was reading this.



9. Beautiful Redemption by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
I think I cried my way through the last 100 pages or so.


This book was possibly the saddest, most heartbreaking, most perfect book I could have ever read. 


 These books are the saddest of the saddest for me. I love a good tear jerker, so link me to your TTT in the comments so I can see what you recommend! Until next time, happy reading, and I'll talk to you soon!

-Indigo
@indigowayworth

3 comments

  1. Great post Indigo! I love all of these books...well, the ones I've read. The ones I haven't read are on my TBR. You can see my Top Ten Tuesday here: http://the-bookbee.blogspot.com.au/2014/02/top-ten-tuesday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. great choices! I also picked The Book Thief but somehow I completely forgot about the Deathly Hallows ( and I call myself a Harry Potter fan :s) Here's my TTT
    http://moniquesmobooks.blogspot.ca/2014/02/top-ten-tuesday-books-that-will-make.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks. I picked Deathly Hallows, I pretty much cry from beginning to end when reading that. My TTT :)

    ReplyDelete