Review: Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi

Tuesday, 25 February 2014




Book: Ignite Me

Series:
Shatter Me #3


Author: Tahereh Mafi

Publisher: HarperTeen

Pages: 416 Pages

Format: Hardcover

Source: Purchased from ChaptersIndigo

Purchase: Book DepositoryChapters IndigoAmazon




Goodreads Summary

Juliette now knows she may be the only one who can stop the Reestablishment. But to take them down, she'll need the help of the one person she never thought she could trust: Warner. And as they work together, Juliette will discover that everything she thought she knew - about Warner, her abilities, and even Adam - was wrong.

I have been mulling over my thoughts for this book for about two weeks now, and I still don't know how to vocalize my love of this book. I was terrified to read this. Anyone is scared to see their favourite series end, because what if it's not everything you wanted? What if it's terrible? There were so many what if's that I just had to jump in hoping for the best. And that's exactly what I got.


Ignite Me was a perfect ending. What I loved about this series was that it was never about the intense politics of the world, or the nuances of the Reestablishment. It was about Juliette. As much as we'd like to think this book is about the romance, or the dystopian world, it was really about Juliette finding herself, and her learning to love every part of herself. And I feel like that's what we got in this book. Juliette became self aware, and became stronger than she ever has been. She become a newer, better version of herself.


One of the main themes throughout the series is hope. Hope that things will get better for everything and everyone. In this world, nothing is solid, and the only thing people have is hope. Juliette's ability to rely on her faith that things will get better if she just pushes forward a little more, and if she just tries a little harder is something that I deeply admire. Juliette understood what she needed to do and did just that, trusting that she would come out of it unharmed.


I'm also really glad about how the romance was dealt with. For the sake of spoilers, I've written a blog post on my Tumblr about the romance and the love triangle and my thoughts on it. If you want to go there and read it, it's right here.


Also, can we just talk about Kenji?! Kenji, in this book in particular, was incredible. The reason I love Kenji is not only because of his fantastic one liners, but because he brings a sense of reality to the story. He is so aware of everything that is happening and it makes the story seem so real. I love it.


The Shatter Me series is one of my favourite series and I absolutely adore the way that it ended. The characters, the plot lines, everything made perfect sense and it fit wonderfully. Thank you, Tahereh Mafi. For filling my life with such wondrous characters and beautiful prose. I am forever grateful.

6/5 stars. Incredible. I don't think the series could have ended any other way

-Indigo
@IndigoWayworth

No comments:

Post a Comment