Year in Review and #NYW14 Day 1

Wednesday, 1 January 2014


This year was crazy in the best way. It's been full of great events, wonderful people, and, of course, some good books. The blog really grew this year, maybe not as much as I'd liked it to, but i have to keep reminding myself, baby steps. I'm hoping to really step up my game for this new year and get into a regular schedule. 

So, this year I started off with some great books, including finishing off The Caster Chronicles (Beautiful Chaos and Beautiful Redemption) and Anna and the French Kiss (Review). Those are now part of my all time favourites, so that raised my expectations for the year.

I also recieved my first ever physical ARC at the beginning of this year. Colm McElwain, an author from the UK sent me a copy of his first middle grade novel, James Clyde and the Diamonds of Orchestra, which I really loved. (Review

I got to go to a couple of really cool bookish events this year. I went to the Razorbill Lunchon put on by Razorbill Canada. Jessica Spotswood, author of Born Wicked and Star Cursed, and Emily Pohl Weary, author of Not Your Ordinary Wolf Girl. They did a Q and A, and a meet and greet. I also got to make a few friends in the blogging community. 

I went to Word on the Street in Toronto with one of my good friends from school, and we got to meet authors like Elizabeth Wein, Eve Silver, and Colin Mocherie. We ran into a couple of blogging friends, and had a splendid time. 

Last, but not least, I got to meet one of my favourite authors; Rainbow Rowell. I got to meet some wonderful people while waiting for her, and i got to ask her a question. She signed all my books, and I got to thank her for writing what she does. 

So, to celebrate an amazing year, I give you the schedule for my New Years Week! At the beginning of this year, I started off blogging by doing 7 days of posts, and i'm back for round two! So here it is!




Wednesday, January 1st
Year in Review

Thursday, January 2nd
The Annual End of Year Book Survey

Friday, January 3rd
Top 13 of 2013

Saturday, January 4th
Reading and Blogging Resolutions

Sunday, January 5th
Review of Promise Bound  by Anne Greenwood Brown

Monday, January 6th
Most Anticipated of 2014

Tuesday, January 7th
Christmas Haul

Wednesday, January 8th
Bookshelf Tour Video

I hope you are all excited for this! I'll be tweeting about posts during the week with the hashtag #NYW14, so if you guys want to do any posts, make sure to tweet me with the hashtag so I can see your post! Happy New Years Guys! I hope 2014 is wonderful :)

See you tomorrow!
-Indigo
@IndigoWayworth

No comments:

Post a Comment