Week in Review: January 12th - 19th

Sunday, 19 January 2014

Hi everyone! This is my first week in review for 2014, and I hope that i'll be posting these once a week. I'm in the middle of exam season right now, so I didn't know if i'd be able to put anything up this week. I have exams next week and I've now handed in all of my final projects. It was a long week, but now that it's over, I feel like there is a huge weight off of my shoulders.

This week, I only read one book, which was Wonder by R.J. Polacio! I'll have a review up later this week, but I was a little disappointed in it. I don't know if it was because of the hype that surrounded it, but I didn't like it as much as I thought I was going to. And yesterday, I started my reread of the Shatter Me Series by Tahereh Mafi. I'm preparing for Ignite Me! 

This week I also received a couple of books! The first book was an ARC of Side Effects May Vary by Julie Murphy. I requested this from HCC Frenzy, and I cannot wait to read this one. It's about a girl who has Leukaemia, and when told she has limited time left to live, she goes out to complete everything on her bucket list, only to be told that she's actually getting better! This is Julie's first novel and you can check out her website here. Side Effects May Vary comes out on March 18th!

Then, I got a package from Simon and Shuster, which had in it 2 books! I got Noggin by John Corey Whaley, and To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han. I have not read anything by both of these authors, but I own Jenny Han's Summer trilogy and hopefully I'll get around to reading it. Noggin comes out April 8th, and To All The Boys I've Loved Before comes out April 22nd.

This weeks posts:
My Review of The Paradox of Vertical Flight by Emil Ostrovski
My Waiting on Wednesday post for To All the Boys I've Loved Before

What did you guys read this week? Let me know, and happy reading!

-Indigo
@IndigoWayworth

No comments:

Post a Comment