Top 13 of 2013 - #NYW14 Day 3

Friday, 3 January 2014

2013 held a ton of great books for me, so here they are; my favourite! I can't put one book over the other, so I've listed them in chronological order!

#13: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
Read in January 2013 - Goodreads


Anna quickly became one of my favourite books, not only because my favourite city in the world is Paris, but because Anna is an amazing character and the story was killer. All contemporaries should be this good!

#12: Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi
Read in February 2013 - Goodreads



Tahereh Mafi is one of my favourite authors and favourite people. Her stories make me so happy and her writing sweeps me off my feet. This book was just as good as the first one, and I cannot wait to finish the series. (Already pre-ordered Ignite Me!)



#11: The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schneider
Read in March 2013 - Goodreads



I recieved an eGalley of this book back in March when it was still called Severed Heads, Broken Hearts, and I fell in love with it. It was one of my most anticipated of this year and it did not disappoint!

#10: The Girl of Fire and Thorns Series by Rae Carson
Read The Girl of Fire and Thorns (#1) in April 2013 - Goodreads 
Read The Crown of Embers (#2) in August 2013 - Goodreads
Read The Bitter Kingdom (#3) in December 2013 - Goodreads



I started this series in April and finished it a few days ago. This was my first real dive into fantasy, and if all fantasy is this good, with kickass characters, a great story, and beautiful world building, then sign me up for more!


#9: Wild Awake by Hilary T. Smith
Read in June 2013 - Goodreads



This book jumped out and stole my heart. It was beautifully written and utterly captivating. I think everyone should read this now because it is just so perfect.

#8: Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
Read in July 2013 - Goodreads



I have an immense love for Rainbow Rowell and her writing style. She is so honest in her writing, and that makes me love her characters so much. This book lives up to the hype.

#7: The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak
Read in August 2013 - Goodreads



I can't believe I had waited this long to read this book. I loved the narration style and the characters. Liesel is one of my favorite characters ever and I just want to hug her and feed her.

#6: Two Boys Kissing by David Levithan
Read in September 2013 - Goodreads



I was excited to read this, but wasn't sure what to expect. I was blown away by the beautiful and insiteful narration. Everyone should pick up this book.

#5: Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
Read in September 2013 - Goodreads



This is probably my favourite Rainbow Rowell book. I really connected with the characters, especially Cath. I felt such a strong bond with her and her situation. I adore this book so much.

#4: The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon
Read in September 2013 - Goodreads



I didn't actually read this, but listened to the audiobook on Audible.com. I really loved the way the story played out vocally, and I think I'll have to actually read the book :)

#3: Attachments by Rainbow Rowell
Read in October 2013 - Goodreads



Once again, Rainbow Rowell. Need I say more?

#2: Just One Day and Just One Year by Gayle Forman
Read Just One Day in October 2013 - Goodreads
Read Just One Year in November 2013 - Goodreads

 


This was the first of Gayle Forman's novels that I had read and I loved it! The travelling, the imagery, and the beautiful naration made it such a special duo.

#1: The Paradox of Vertical Flight by Emil Ostrovski
Read in December 2013 - Goodreads



This book snuck up on me, and I loved it a lot more than i expected to. It was an amazing way to close out the year.

So those are my top 13 of the year! Link me to your posts below, or tell me what your favourites of the year were! See you tomorrow with my reading and blogging resolutions!

-Indigo
@IndigoWayworth

No comments:

Post a Comment