Review: Star Cursed by Jessica Spotswood

Saturday, 14 September 2013






Book:
Star Cursed (Cahill Chronicles #2)


Author: Jessica Spotswood

Publisher: Dutton Books

Pages: 371 Pages

Format: Hardcover

Thanks to Razorbill Canada for a copy of this!


GOODREADS SUMMARY
With the Brotherhood persecuting witches like never before, a divided Sisterhood desperately needs Cate to come into her Prophesied powers. And after Cate's friend Sachi is arrested for using magic, a war-thirsty Sister offers to help her find answers—if Cate is willing to endanger everyone she loves.
Cate doesn't want to be a weapon, and she doesn't want to involve her friends and Finn in the Sisterhood's schemes. But when Maura and Tess join the Sisterhood, Maura makes it clear that she'll do whatever it takes to lead the witches to victory. Even if it means sacrifices. Even if it means overthrowing Cate. Even if it means all-out war.
In the highly anticipated sequel to Born Wicked, the Cahill Witch Chronicles continue Cate, Maura and Tess's quest to find love, protect family, and explore their magic against all odds in an alternate history of New England


After reading Born Wicked, I dove right into Star Cursed. And I was not disappointed. I had created such a strong emotional attachment to Cate and all the characters, that I was scared that this book would succumb to the 'second book syndrome'. I didn't want these characters to be ruined in any way, shape, or form. But i should have had more faith in Jessica from the beginning because this book was fabulous.


Cate remains to be one of my favorite female characters in a novel that I have read recently. I love her spunk, her compassion, and her dedication for everything that she does. She is not submissive like a lot of the girls in that time period were and I think that makes me love her even more. In this book she is forced to live with some decisions that she is not happy about, but does so willingly because she is so selfless. She wants the best for the ones that she loves and is willing to suffer for it. I really do love Cate and everything she stands for, and I loved her in this book.

One of the problems I have with series, mainly trilogies, is that so much happens, and yet nothing is accomplished.When I sign up to read a trilogy, I want each book to be a stepping stone on the way to a final resolution. And I want each step to mean something. I hate when I finish a book and so much happened, but nothing was accomplished. But this book set up the finale beautifully. It followed the story and the rules that were laid out in the first book, and set up everything for book three.

Also, Finn. *swoon* He is my book boyfriend. And I also want to hurt someone. Read the book. You'll get it. 

So I really did enjoy this book. I saw the cover for the third book, Sisters Fate, and I am so excited to read the final book. I give this one a 5/5 star rating. Love it!

-Indigo
@IndigoWayworth

No comments:

Post a Comment