A to Z Bookish Survey!

Sunday, 25 August 2013



AtoZsurvey
I've been seeing this around a lot lately and I decided that I would jump on the bandwagon! This was created by Jamie over at the Perpetual Page Turner.





Author you’ve read the most books from
J.K. Rowling and John Green

Best Sequel
Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi! It was just as good, if not better than book one. And also Star Cursed by Jessica Spotswood because love love loved it.

Currently Reading?
Taken by Erin Bowman

Drink of Choice While Reading?
Tea! During any season. I'm a big fan of good old orange pekoe, but I also like Rasberry green tea, and southern sweet tea :)

E-Reader or Physical Book?
Physical book, no debate here. I love my nook, and I use it when traveling or sometimes when at school, but I just feel more into the story when I have the actual book

Fictional Character You Probably Would Have Actually Dated in High School
As a high school senior (What what! One year left!) I would have dated Finn from Born Wicked, because he's so sweet and wonderful, or Cricket from Lola and the Boy Next Door because I like em nerdy ;)

Glad You Gave This Book A Chance
Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi. I picked it up on a whim at chapters and I am so glad I did as I am now obsessed with the series and dating Warner in my mind. A close second is Wild Awake by Hilary T Smith because it is just such a beautiful book.

Hidden Gem Book
Going Bovine by Libba Bray. I feel like this one is so underrated. Also, Lies Beneath by Anne Greenwood Brown. 

Important Moment in Your Reading Life
I have a brother who is two years older than I am, and I used to think everything that he did was awesome. Whatever he liked, I wanted to like too. So when my dad brought home the first Harry Potter book for my seven year old brother, I was five. Dad read to us the first book, one chapter a night. I grew up reading Harry Potter. It taught me how to read and sitting on the end of my brothers bed while dad read to us was the most important.

Just Finished
Rush by Eve Silver.

Kind of Books You Won’t Read
Erotica, or anything with pushy and pretentious religious and moral views

Longest Book You’ve Read

Major Book Hangover Because of…
Wild Awake by Hilary T. Smith

Number of Book Cases You Own
Just one.

One Book You Have Read Multiple Times
This summer I did a few re-reads, one being Shatter Me. This was my, like, 10th time reading it and it never seems to lose it's magic.

Preferred Place to Read
On a couch, or in an Anti Gravity chair that we have at my cottage.

Quote That Inspires You/Gives you All the Feels from a Book You’ve Read

“These are hard times. The world hurts. We live in fear and forget to walk with hope. But hope has not forgotten you. So ask it to dinner. It's probably hungry and would appreciate the invitation.”
-Libba Bray, Going Bovine

“I spent my life folded between the pages of books.
In the absence of human relationships I formed bonds with paper characters. I lived love and loss through stories threaded in history; I experienced adolescence by association. My world is one interwoven web of words, stringing limb to limb, bone to sinew, thoughts and images all together. I am a being comprised of letters, a character created by sentences, a figment of imagination formed through fiction.”
-Tahereh Mafi, Shatter Me

and basically everything from The Beginning of Everything by Robyn Schneider. Here is a link to a photo gallery of some quotes, and the Goodreads quotes.


Reading Regret
Reading what everyone else was, instead of what interests me.

Series You Started and Need to Finish (all books are out)
The His Dark Materials trilogy, because I liked the first one and own the other two.

Three of Your All-Time Favourite Books
(Not including Harry Potter)
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi, and Going Bovine by Libba Bray.

Unapologetic Fangirl For...
Tahereh Mafi. I get her tweets on my phone, and I just obsess over her. When I found out she was engaged to Ransom Riggs, I almost died.

Very Excited for This Release More Than All Others
Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi, Allegiant by Veronica Roth, Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell, and Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stefanie Perkins.

Worst Bookish Habit
Reading books and letting the reviews pile up. Whoops.

Your Last Book Purchase
Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell

Zzz Snatcher Book (last book that kept you up late)
Eleanor and Park. I was up crying because such a beautiful book!

Link me to your survey answers! I'd love to see what you have to say!

-Indigo
@indigowayworth

No comments:

Post a Comment