Review: Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

Monday, 15 April 2013

Book: Lola and the Boy Next Door
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Publisher: Speak
Pages: 368
Format: Hardcover Library book

There's really not much to say here. I loved Anna and the French Kiss and I had to read the next one! :P
Goodreads Summary

Lola Nolan is a budding costume designer, and for her, the more outrageous, sparkly, and fun the outfit, the better. And everything is pretty perfect in her life (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the neighborhood. When Cricket, a gifted inventor, steps out from his twin sister's shadow and back into Lola's life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.
So I think I'm in love with Stephanie Perkins? Seriously, guys. I like contemporary, but not that much. It's hard for me to find a series that I can stay with. But these books are YA contemporary GOLD. This is going to be a short review because I just really liked it. :) 

First off, way to break gender roles! Lola is independent, yet she still needs people to rely on. She is herself 100% and takes no s**t from anyone. She is sarcastic, and witty, and makes bad decisions. Also, in the relationship between Lola and Cricket is amazing. She isn't falling all over him, but the opposite. It's a very give and take relationship, and when someone is willing to give more than the other, that's when it gets good!

I'm giving this one a 4/5 star rating. I really did like it, but not as much as Anna :P

-Indigo
@indigowayworth 









No comments:

Post a Comment