Review: Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson

Wednesday, 13 March 2013

Book: Tiger Lily
Author: Jodi Lynn Anderson
Publisher: HarperTeen
Pages: 220 Pages
Format: Nook book


For the longest time, I have been obsessed with everything and all things Peter Pan, so when I saw a book dedicated to Tiger Lily, I knew that I had to pick it up. And what I got was not something I was expecting.

Goodreads Summary

Before Peter Pan belonged to Wendy, he belonged to the girl with the crow feather in her hair. . . .

Fifteen-year-old Tiger Lily doesn't believe in love stories or happy endings. Then she meets the alluring teenage Peter Pan in the forbidden woods of Neverland and immediately falls under his spell.

Peter is unlike anyone she's ever known. Impetuous and brave, he both scares and enthralls her. As the leader of the Lost Boys, the most fearsome of Neverland's inhabitants, Peter is an unthinkable match for Tiger Lily. Soon, she is risking everything—her family, her future—to be with him. When she is faced with marriage to a terrible man in her own tribe, she must choose between the life she's always known and running away to an uncertain future with Peter.

At first, I was very skeptical of having Tinker Bell as the narrator because we wouldn't get to see how either Tiger Lily or Peter actually felt, and it worked out okay for the most part. It still bothered me a bit and that was one of my main problems with the book. I was unable to connect with the two main characters and it drove me insane because of that. I wanted so badly to love Peter and to feel for Tiger Lily, but it never happened.

One part of the book that I loved was definitely the writing. The way that the author takes these characters and gives them fatal flaws, explanations, and understandable personalities was beautiful. She kept the characters personalities recognizable to the readers, but made them more realistic, and less 'Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust' then they were before.

So, I'm giving Tiger Lily a 3/5 because it was just meh, and I don`t really have that much to say.

-Indigo
@IndigoWayworth

No comments:

Post a Comment