Book Banter: E-Readers

Tuesday, 5 March 2013

So this year i've done a lot of vacationing, which has been great. I've been to France, Florida, I went to Camp in early 2012 and I leave for Camp again in May. And with all of this traveling, I've been collecting more and more books on my ereader. I have a Nook which my aunt got my for Christmas in 2011 and I use it for daily deals, cheap titles, and some ARCs. But I always find a very distinct difference between reading on an ereader, and reading an actual book.

One of the main differences is the actual book itself. Nothing can replace the feeling of holding a nice, floppy paperback, or a smooth hardcover in your hands. The smell of new books is basically a drug to me, and I have more than one book that has a tear stain or two it (yes, I'm a big cryer). And sure, while carrying around your entire library in less than a pound seems very attractive, I just don't know if I can do it.

Secondly, I find when reading anything off of my Nook, I feel slightly disconnected from the actual book itself. I find that I spend more time fiddling with the font type and size to try and make it perfect than I do reading. Also, the main thing about a book is that you can see how far you have left and you can actually flip the pages, wanting to see what happens next. There is just something about them that I can't get over.

Anyway, those are some of my thoughts. What about you? Do you have an ereader, and if so, which one? What are your thoughts on them? Leave them in the comments below! :)

As always, I'll see you next time. Happy reading!

-Indigo
@IndigoWayworth

No comments:

Post a Comment