Top 12 of 2012!

Friday, 4 January 2013

2012 held a lot of great books, But I decided, because I have seen a lot of posts and videos around the book-blogger/booktuber community I would share my input! So here are my top 12 books of 2012!

#12: The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller


I'm a sucker for a good love story and this one was amazing. I loved the whole idea of a secret society with people who remember past lives. It sounds absolutely amazing and it makes me want to remember past lives!

#11: Bunheads by Sophie Flack


To read about a dancer who was in a similar situation was interesting, and it rang a truth in my mind about the mindset of a classical ballet dancer and about the dance world in general. I'm waiting for Sophie Flack to write another novel because it was great!

#10: Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen


I read my first book my Sarah Addison Allen this year and the way she manipulates words is enchanting and enticing. The story lines she creates and entwines with the story is phenomenal as well. I loved reading her books and will be reading more from her this year.

#9: The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson


Maureen Johnson write the way people speak. Nothing is over exaggerated or glorified. It's fun to read and it makes everything seem like its not really fiction. And also, there's a ghost that does your homework. How cool is that?

#8: Lies Beneath by Anne Greenwood Brown


I love mermaids so much, and this was such a different take on them. They weren't all magical and happy go lucky, but they were realistic. And Calder makes me melt. Ugh. Where can I buy my own mermaid? Anyone?

#7/6: Divergent and Insurgent by Veronica Roth

 

Love this series. The world that was created was my favorite part because the land, and the world, and the setting; it was a character. It pushed the plot along and forced the characters to grow up and keep moving.

#5: Destroy Me by Tahereh Mafi


Now we're getting into my favorites. Dear Lord, I loved this book. After Shatter Me, I didn't think that I could love Warner, but seriously? Now I just want him to be happy. And not only did we learn about Warner, but we learned more and more about Juliet. Just, Ugh. Tahereh Mafi needs to leave some talent for the rest of us.

#4: Going Bovine by Libba Bray


This book had me captivated. The characters were crazy and insane and wonderful. The way the story was written, you had no choice but to be rooting for Cam. But it also had this looming darkness about it. Through the whole book, you know something isn't as it seems, but at the end, everything made sense and it pulled together beautifully.

#3: The Caster Chronicles by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

          

So many tears were shed and I just.... I can't even describe my love for this book. I was sucked in and there's no getting out now. I fell in love with everything this series had to offer, and I just want to go back and reread them for the first time.

#2: Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi


What I love about good books is that I think about them all the time. And I always find myself thinking about it. I think about the haunting imagery of a true dystopia, and the idea of a girl with a lethal touch feeling wanted human contact for the first time. I think of the way her story moves and flows and how it intoxicates you. Again, she needs to leave some talent for the rest of us.

#1: The Fault in Our Stars by John Green


Of course. Like I said before, a good book is one you remember. And I remember every detail of this one, down to the metaphors, and the imagery, and the beautiful writing that had me in tears at three thirty am. There is an honesty about this book. The fact that sometimes things don't go the way we want, but there's a difference between staying behind the yellow line and being safe, and doing something.


So those are my top 12 of 2012! Comment below with the links to your posts, or tell me your top books of this year!

Love, Indigo
@indigowayworth

No comments:

Post a Comment