Review: Beautiful Redemption by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

Wednesday, 9 January 2013

Book: Beautiful Redemption (Caster Chronicles #4)
Authors: Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
Publisher: Little, Brown Teens
Pages: 451 Pages
Format: Hardcover

Be still, my heart. Oh dear lord, this book guys. This. Book. Ugh, still having feels over it and its been a week since I read it. Kami and Margaret have done it again; wrote a book that reduced me to tears and made my dad hand me tissues, tea, and a pat on the head. Thanks, Papa Wayworth. What would I do without you?

Note: DO NOT READ ANY FARTHER IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE SPOILED.  THERE WILL BE NO DIRECT SPOILERS, BUT PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Goodreads Summary

Is death the end . . . or only the beginning?

Ethan Wate always dreamed of leaving the stifling Southern town of Gatlin. But he never dreamt that finding love with Lena Duchannes would drive him away. Lena is a Caster girl whose supernatural powers unveiled a secretive and cursed side of Gatlin, so powerful it forced him to make a terrible sacrifice.

Now Ethan must find a way to return to Lena - and Gatlin - as she vows to do whatever it takes to get him back. Even if it means trusting old enemies or risking their loved ones' lives. Can Ethan and Lena rewrite their fate and their spellbinding love story in this stunning finale to the Beautiful Creatures series?'

What i loved about this whole book was how, when Lena and Ethan are separated, you can see their bond so much more clearly than when they are together. They are drawn to each other and that sense of devotion made me die a little. I was rooting for them through the entire book and the way that Lena's eyes light up when she feels him around just made my heart melt a little.

The town of Gatlin never seemed so real up until you get to see things on Ethan's side. The town's foundation is gossip, church meetings, and funerals in my mind. And seeing it from the other side, where those are the three things that are made known in that world. Seeing how similar the two are, yet so different because of one thing (live vs death) was eerie.

And the ending. Oh my god, the ending. Just when you think everything is going to be okay, IT'S NOT. THAT HAD TO HAPPEN AND I HAD TO CRY (cue Papa W patting my head). The ending was fantastic though. The epilogue made me bawl, because it was so beautiful and it was the perfect ending to perfect series.

I will miss the Caster crew, and their adventures, but I look forward to watching them onscreen when the movie hits cinemas, and, hopefully, rereading them in the near future. I give Beautiful Redemption a 6/5 stars because it was fantastic and beautiful and the best of the series, and I highly recommend this series to everyone. :)

-Indigo
@IndigoWayworth

No comments:

Post a Comment