Review! Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Monday, 14 January 2013

Book: Anna and the French Kiss
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Publisher: Dutton
Pages: 372 Pages
Format: Paperback

I had put off reading this book for so long for such stupid reasons. I had always said how it looked cheesy and it didn't sound very good, when really, I just didn't pick it up. But my little sister picked it out for me for Christmas because of 2 reasons; the cover was pretty, and I went to France last year. XD So I posted on twitter and a few of you said that I should read it, and I did. AND OH MY GOD WHERE HAS THIS BOOK BEEN ALL MY LIFE

Goodreads Summary

Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris--until she meets √Čtienne St. Clair. Smart, charming,beautiful, √Čtienne has it all...including a serious girlfriend.

But in the City of Light, wishes have a way of coming true. Will a year of romantic near-misses end with their long-awaited French kiss?


Two words, guys; √Čtienne St. Clair. Seriously? An American boy with a British accent who lives in Paris? Did he come out of the Teen Girls Dream Boy Machine, or what? He is literally the epitome of perfect boy. Ugh, at some points in the book, I wanted to shove aside Anna and throw myself at him!

And I loved reading about France because I remember it all so clearly, so when they are talking about seeing Paris, and the Latin district, it made me super nostalgic and it made the whole novel come to life a little bit more. And the way that everything is described is so vivid and bright, which is exactly how it is.

It was overall such an adorable book that I practically inhaled I read it so quickly. I had been reading a lot of darker novels, and I really needed a dose of contemporary chick-lit. And Anna made me smile a lot. The way she was written was like a real teenager in the way that it was very much like her train of thought, nothing uncut. It was like how I think. Sometimes I LIKE TO THINK IN CAP LOCKS, and sometimes I like to think a little bit more somberly (is that even a word?). 

Anna and the French Kiss was an adorable, addictive book, that made me squeal and laugh and dream of Paris. 5/5 stars. Wow this has been a great year in books so far!

-Indigo
@indigowayworth

No comments:

Post a Comment