2013 Reading and Blogging Resolutions!

Wednesday, 2 January 2013

Welcome to day 2 of my New Years Blog Spree! Today Is January 2nd, 2013 and I have already made the mistake of saying 2012 seven times. Whoops. But now onto my reading and blogging resolutions!

In this past year I read 72 and a half books, and I say 'and a half' because i was on page 400 out of 519 of Beautiful Chaos when the ball dropped on New Years. But none the less, I succeeded in my goal to read 70 books this year. But that was the past and this is the future. Now onto what I am resolving to do in 2013.


Resolution #1: Read 80 books

Now this will be an interesting one. School is about to get a lot more hectic in the next year, with University only a year and a half away, I will be studying a lot more. But the thing is, I don't want reading to be pushed to the back burner. I want to make sure that I read. And I'm going to cut down on the amount of time I do useless things, like scrolling down tumblr, or watching that rerun of Friends that I've seen twice. I want to read 80 books this year and dear god I'm going to get there :D


Resolution #2: Read all the books I've been putting off

Anna and the French Kiss,  Graceling, Unwind and Unwholly, ect, ect. These are just a few books that have been raved about and to be honest, I've been putting them off. I don't know why when I now own some of them, or friends do and have offered to lend them to me. I just don't know. But I'm going to read them. SO next time I'm in a book store or library, and I see one of these books, they will be my first priority.


Resolution #3: Read some classics

They're called 'classics' for a reason, and I want to read a lot of them. I have a beautiful copy of Pride and Prejudice just sitting on my shelf. I have the picture of Dorian Grey. My dad has a whole shelf in his office of leather bound copies. They are all there, at my disposal, and 
all I have to do is read them. And I'm not sure why I haven't. It may be because I'm intimidated by them? Maybe. But, overall, I want to read more classic novels this year.


Resolution #4: Become more active in the blogging community

The book blogging community is so open and welcoming. If anyone has an opinion to share about reading or books, they listen, because that's what we're good at. Reading is about listening to the authors words and the characters in the book. We are good at listening to people, and we all have opinions  But I find that I haven't really tried to become apart of the community. SO that's what I want to do. Take part in more memes and discussions, follow more blogs, and use my twitter more. 



SO that's what I have planned for the New Year. Not that many, but It'll take me all year to accomplish them. What are your reading and blogging resolutions? Tell me in the comments below :)

Love, Indigo
@Indigowayworth

1 comment

  1. Hey Indigo :P

    Those are such good resolutions. Oh, and I really need to stop watching Friends too -- it's just so addicting! And you must read Anna and the French Kiss and Graceling! I love both!

    Happy reading :)
    Chloe @ YA Booklover Blog

    ReplyDelete