Book Review! Insurgent by Veronica Roth

Wednesday, 12 December 2012

Book: Insurgent (Divergent #2)
Author: Veronica Roth
Publisher: HarperTeen
Pages: 525 Pages
Format: Hardcover Library Book

WARNING: This review contains excessive flailing. Approach with caution.

When I read Divergent earlier this year, I knew I would be coming back for more. I was so in love with it, and when Insurgent came out, I kept pushing it off, mostly because I didn't have the time, or I had other books I had to read. And I FINALLY got around to reading it the other day and oh my god. Guys. Guys. *Guys*. You probably already know this, because I am the last person on earth to read this book, but it was sooooooooo good.

Goodreads Summary

One choice can transform you--or it can destroy you. But every choice has consequences, and as unrest surges in the factions all around her, Tris Prior must continue trying to save those she loves--and herself--while grappling with haunting questions of grief and forgiveness, identity and loyalty, politics and love.

Tris's initiation day should have been marked by celebration and victory with her chosen faction; instead, the day ended with unspeakable horrors. War now looms as conflict between the factions and their ideologies grows. And in times of war, sides must be chosen, secrets will emerge, and choices will become even more irrevocable--and even more powerful. Transformed by her own decisions but also by haunting grief and guilt, radical new discoveries, and shifting relationships, Tris must fully embrace her Divergence, even if she does not know what she may lose by doing so.

"New York Times" bestselling author Veronica Roth's much-anticipated second book of the dystopian "Divergent" series is another intoxicating thrill ride of a story, rich with hallmark twists, heartbreaks, romance, and powerful insights about human nature.


What I loved about this book was how, after not read Divergent for a few months, I was instantly pulled back in. One of my favorite parts about this series is the world that it's set in, and rest assured, I was so pleased that it was just as good as I remembered it, if not better.

This book had me flailing over Tris and Four's relationship. It was so perfect, and everything that happened left me key-smashing and squealing because of the romance, the angst, and everything in between. Veronica Roth did an amazing job keeping their relationship real, and believable and heartbreaking enough to make me cry. Nice going, Roth.

I find myself a lot of the time reading character driven novels, where the plot merely helps the character grow. But I was impressed by how well of a balanced mix this book was. It wasn't all about the characters and it wasn't all about the plot. It made for a great page turner, that gave me all the feels!

I loved this book. I devoured it in a matter of days and after that, all I wanted was another! 5/5 Stars :D

But what do you guys think? Leave a comment below telling me what you thought of Insurgent, or the Divergent series in general! See you next time!

-Indigo
@indigowayworth


No comments:

Post a Comment