Book Review! All You Desire by Kirsten Miller

Sunday, 11 November 2012

Book: All You Desire (The Eternal Ones #2)
Author: Kirsten Miller
Publisher: Razorbill Books
Pages: 402 Pages
Format: Hardback

Over the summer, I read the first book in the Eternal Ones series, and I fell in love. It was such a fantastic read, and when I found out there was a sequal, I got so excited that I was jumping up and down in the book store.

I didnt like this book as much as the first book, but I still really enjoyed it.

Goodreads Summary

Haven Moore and Iain Morrow have been living a blissful life in Rome, an ocean way from the Ouroboros Society and its diabolical leader. But paradise is not to last. The mysterious disappearance of Haven's best friend, Beau, sends the pair running back to New York, where they encounter the Horae, an underground group of women who have spent centuries scheming to destroy Adam Rosier. Only they can help Haven uncover the secret to Beau's whereabouts in one of her past lives. But their help comes at a price: Haven must infiltrate the Ouroboros Society, charm Adam Rosier, and lure him into a trap. It's a plan the Horae believe will save the world-but Haven and Iain fear that it may destroy the happiness they've been chasing for two thousand years.


When I first picked up this book, I admit that I had very high expectations. And to some extent, I was let down. What I loved about the first book was the romance that Haven and Iain had, and how it was written. They really were soul mates and I was so excited for more of that in All You Desire. Instead, I was left with a lack of that, and I think thats why it took me such a long time to get through this one. I was constantly wanting that love between the two of them and was left with not enough.

The story itself moved quickly, and once I got over my initial problem, I really enjoyed the book. I like how we got to see a different side of Haven, and a different side of Adam as well. The conflict almost turned into a love triangle, and I was so scared that it would have, but thank God it didn't. If there is one think I cannot stand in YA fiction, its a love triangle.

That was really it for this book. It was enjoyable, and the whole story made me happy. And right at the end, there is this six line conversation between Haven and Iain and I swear i died from a feels overload.

4/5 stars :)

-Indigo
@IndigoWayworth

No comments:

Post a Comment