Book Banter: Reading Multiple Books

Sunday, 21 October 2012

Hello everyone! I am here today to introduce a new thing I will be doing on the blog, which are discussion posts, that I will be calling "Book Banter"!! I'm really excited to start doing these, and I thought I'd start with something that I'm experiencing right now:reading multiple books at one time.

I'm in the eleventh grade, and in the Canadian curriculum, it is required that you read three novels. One being a Shakespeare play (not a novel, I understand, but hey, the education system obviously hasn't gotten that memo), The Kite Runner, and another book that we chose off a list to read as our ISU; independent study unit. Right now, I'm reading Macbeth, and my ISU novel, The Memory Keepers Daughter by Kim Edwards. Along with my school novels, I'm reading Debutantes by Cora Harrison.

This brings me to the actual discussion. I am always getting the plots messed up and because the amount of stories, I forget what has already happened. I keep thinking that characters have died or are pregnant and then I realize after about ten minutes and have to go back. It's kind of a pain to deal with.

Also, I have this on going dilemma about which book I should be reading. For example, when I'm reading school books, I always feel more inclined to read them first, because it's for school and all that, but I always want to be reading my 'lesiure' book.

Anyway, what are your thoughts? Can you guys read multiple books at once? Let me know in the comments below! Also, follow the blog for more posts like these!

-Indigo
@Indigowayworth

No comments:

Post a Comment