Book Review! Cinder by Marissa Meyer

Sunday, 30 September 2012

Book: Cinder (Lunar Chronicals #1)
Author: Marissa Meyer
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Pages: 387 Pages
Format: Hardcover

Hello, Hello everyone!! When I went to chapters recently, I picked up Cinder, which I had hearn so much about. It was on sale for 5 dollars, so I had to pick it up. I really liked what I read, but there was one part that spoiled the entire book for me.

Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl. . . .

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.


This books whole take of Cinderella was incredible. The whole idea of placing what is supposed to be a period piece in a very futuristic world and in Beijing as well was very interesting and gave the whole story a new air. I really did like how the world was set up; cyborgs being taken in for testing and the whole plague was a very interesting thing to read about.

I also loved Cinder, and how selfless she was. She was absolutely incredible to read from and the dedication she had to her sister was incredible. She was witty, and smart and acted as all people would in that situation; brave.

What ruined the book for me was the easy foreshadowing. I swear as soon as one topic was mentioned (I won't tell you, to avoid spoilers, but for those who've read it, I but you know!), I made the connection and immediately knew how the book was going to end. It still made for an enjoyable read, but I was really disappointed now that I knew the end.

Overall, I give Cinder by Marissa Meyer a 3.5/5 stars. I really did enjoy reading it and will probably pick up the next books in the series, but I couldn't enjoy it to it's fullest after I knew the ending.

-Indigo
@Indigowayworth

No comments:

Post a Comment