Book Review! The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller

Monday, 27 August 2012


Book: The Eternal Ones (Eternal Ones #1)
Author: Kirsten Miller
Publisher: RazorBill
Pages: 432 Pages
Format: Paperback

Hello everyone! A few months ago, I saw a video by Carrie Hope Fletcher on YouTube, talking about her top ten favorite books, and one jumped out at me. It was The Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller. I saw it and a few weeks ago, I finally got it. I got around to reading it the other day. Let’s just say it took me 12 hours to finish. This is defiantly in my top ten favorite books.

Goodreads Summary

Haven Moore has always lived in the town of Snope City, Tennessee. But for as long as she can remember, Haven has experienced visions of a past life as a girl named Constance, whose love for a boy called Ethan ended in fiery tragedy.

One day, the sight of notorious playboy Iain Morrow on television brings Haven to her knees. Haven flees to New York City to find Iain and there, she is swept up in an epic love affair that feels both deeply fated and terribly dangerous. Is Iain her beloved Ethan? Or is he her murderer from a past life? Haven asks the members of the powerful and mysterious Ouroboros Society to help her unlock the mysteries of reincarnation and discover the secrets hidden in her past lives, and loves, before all is lost and the cycle begins again. But what is the Ouroboros Society? And how can Haven know whom to trust?


I really am a hopeless romantic, so the whole idea of love transcending lives was right up my alley and I was instantly pulled in. That whole topic was phenomenally written and I was so happy with it. The pull Iain and Haven felt towards each other was really timeless and it was written so you could believe in their reincarnating love.

I also really liked the way the Oroboros Society was formed and how it worked. The aspects of murder and secrets that were planted deep throughout the book were all rooted back to the Society and its flaws and corruption. The lies were clever, and the society members were just charming enough for you to overlook them in the grand scheme of things.

The pacing of this book was also perfect. It moved quite quickly and it kept you reading non stop. I couldn’t get enough of this book. I read it in one sitting, not stopping for anything. This said something about the writing. It was smart, witty, haunting, and beautiful. It took all the perks of true love, and all the darkness reality has to offer and created an incredible story.

Overall, I really do recommend this book for all you hopeless romantics that believe in true love, soul mates, and love transcending lives. I fell in love with the book from page one, and I was obsessed. I put my order in for the sequel, All You Desire, today, because it was just so good.

5/5 stars.

-Indigo
@IndigoWayworth

No comments:

Post a Comment