Book Review! Songs for a Teenage Nomad by Kim Culbertson

Monday, 16 July 2012

Book: Songs for a Teenage Nomad
Author: Kim Culbertson
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Pages: 244 Pages
Format: Paperback Library book

Saw this book at the library and it looked like a perfect summer read. it wasn't exactly what I was expecting, but I really enjoyed it none the less! So, without further ado, the review!
(hehe. That rhymed.)

Goodreads Summary

After living in twelve places in eight years, Calle Smith finds herself in Andreas Bay, California, at the start of ninth grade. Another new home, another new school...Calle knows better than to put down roots. Her song journal keeps her moving to her own soundtrack, bouncing through a world best kept at a distance.

Yet before she knows it, friends creep in-as does an unlikely boy with a secret. Calle is torn over what may be her first chance at love. With all that she's hiding and all that she wants, can she find something lasting beyond music? And will she ever discover why she and her mother have been running in the first place?


Songs for a Teenage Nomad was a warm hearted, nostalgic, very sweet book that really makes you think about the presence that music has in your life. It was a huge theme through out the book and I feel like the plot wouldn't have worked without Calle having her music to rely on. The whole idea of how she was trying to cope and find something routine in her life through music and keeping these thoughts in her song journal was an idea that I really like and it has really inspired me to start looking at my life and the soundtrack that it holds.

I didn't like the way it ended. I don't want to spoil to much, but I just didn't like how they ended up. I would have liked the end a lot better if the original plan was stuck to. I know that made no sense, but read the book. It will make sense later. Even though I didn't like the end, I liked the way it was written. i like how the author pulled it all together, and it was a great conclusion to the book.

So, overall, it was a great book.
4/5 Stars.

-Indigo
@IndigoWayworth

No comments:

Post a Comment