Cover Lust

Friday, 15 June 2012

While browsing through Chapter the other day I started to notice all the beautiful covers that are sitting on the shelves now a days. But I see the same thing over and over again: Girls in pretty gowns that have nothing to do with the story and the plot. But I really like symbolic covers and covers that have something to do with the plot. So I was thinking that I would show my top three covers that I love that aren't just pretty girls in dresses:

#3: My Life in Black and White by Natasha Friend
My Life in Black and White

I know that this book hasn't been released yet, but I love the cover. The book is about a girl who gets in a car crash and goes through the front window, and the triangles are just so powerful. I am in love with this cover and will definitely pick it up when it hits shelves!

#2: Looking for Alaska by John Green
Looking for Alaska
I love the Candle. If you have ever read this book, which i one hundred percent recommend you do, you see how beautiful this really is. This is my favourite of John's book covers and it fits so well with the story.

#1: Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi
Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1)
I know the original cover is a pretty girl in a dress, but the new cover has been released and it makes me super happy. the new cover, Tahereh says, is symbolic in every sense of the manner. And it's so beautiful.

Those are my favourite symbolic covers and I'm really interested in yours! Comment below with them!

-Indigo
@IndigoWayworth

1 comment

  1. These books have good covers.

    I tagged you for the Liebster Blog Award: http://breathofbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete