Book Review! Wilde's Fire by Krystal Wade

Sunday, 6 May 2012



Book: Wilde's Fire
Author: Krystal Wade
Pages: 299 Pages
Format: Nook Book
Goodreads Link
Thanks to Curiosity Quills Press for this book in exchange for an honest review.

Hey everyone! Hope you are all having a good weekend so far! I am writing this at my cottage and relaxing, and I hope all of you are too! I am back today with a review of Wilde's Fire by Krystal Wade! It is a fantasy novel that hits shelves in one week!

Goodreads Summary
“There is no pain in this death, only peace, knowing I am going to die with the one I love the most.”—Katriona Wilde.


Katriona Wilde has never wondered what it would feel like to have everything she’s ever known and loved ripped away, but she is about to find out. When she inadvertently leads her sister and best friend through a portal into a world she’s dreamed of for six years, she finds herself faced with more than just the frightening creatures in front of her. Kate’s forced to accept a new truth: her entire life has been a lie, and those closest to her have betrayed her. What’s worse, she has no control over her new future, and it’s full of magic and horrors from which nightmares are made. Will Kate discover and learn to control who she really is in time to save the ones she loves, or will all be lost? 

So, what I liked about the books was that the the other world, Encardia, was so well described. The whole world seemed as real as the one that we live in. From the history, to the present rules and precautions, everything was created well. The monsters, which in the book are called daemons, also make the world so real. I was expecting the world to be very cookie cutter Disney type other world, but the fact that everything had was tainted by the Darkness and the evil made the world that much more interesting. Also, I can't tell you all much about it, but my absolute favorite scene of the book was the last one. It was such an amazing cliff hanger and made me want more!

What i didn't like about the book was mainly the pacing. The middle of the novel was very repetitive and drug on for a little while. I found myself pushing to get through that part before the climax of the book because it was so repetitive. But towards the end, the book got into a good pace which should have been there through out the whole story.

Overall, I'm giving Wilde's Fire a 4/5 stars. The story was great and well written, and I'm really glad i was given a chance to read it! The book is published on May 13, so next week, and I suggest that you pick up a copy or pick up a copy of the ebook!

That's all for me now, and I will have a review of Divergent up sometime this week, and there will be no In My Mailbox today, because i haven't received any books! :(

 I hope your weekend has been wonderful, and I'll see you on Tuesday for another top ten!

-Indigo
@IndigoWayworth

2 comments

  1. Thanks for the review! I look forward to reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the review and may check out the book. In an unrelated note, this is the first time I've been here. I love the design of your blog.

    ReplyDelete