Book Review! Divergent by Veronica Roth

Monday, 7 May 2012

Book: Divergent
Author: Veronica Roth
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Pages: 487 Pages
Format: Hardcover


Hello hello! I'm back with another book review! Over the weekend, I not only finished Wilde's Fire, but I also read Divergent by Veronica Roth! I had heard rave reviews from my friends, and when my twitter feed started to get bombarded with hype about Insurgent, I knew I had to read this and see what all the fuss was about. And i'm so happy that I did!

Goodreads Summary 
In a future Chicago, 16-year-old Beatrice Prior must choose among five predetermined factions to define her identity for the rest of her life, a decision made more difficult when she discovers that she is an anomaly who does not fit into any one group, and that the society she lives in is not perfect after all.

I loved everything about this book. From the romantic aspect to how well the society was described. Veronica Roth did such an amazing job describing the society that I could understand how the Dauntless or the Abnegation felt about how the wars were started. I understood the beliefs, even if they were extreme. Also, the book is very long (487 pages to be exact) but I was never bored. The pacing was fast and it kept me on my toes, wanting to know what happened next. it was exciting and I just wanted to keep reading about Tris and what was happening in this society.

Another thing I loved was the rising action. The build up to the climax was done so well and I was flipping the pages super fast. I was obsessed with the whole ending, which makes me want to go out and get the second book soooo bad!

But.... When i first opened the book, I actually started laughing. I may sound like a literary snob when i say this, but in my opinion, opening the book with a character looking in a mirror is cheating. It gives you an easy way to descirbe the main character's features. Other than that, it was a perfect book.

5/5 Stars. Just read it. Just go.

-Indigo
@IndigoWayworth

No comments:

Post a Comment