Book Review! Suicide Notes by Michael Thomas Ford

Sunday, 15 April 2012

This story is about a teenager named Jeff who wakes up in the hospital, surrounded by what he calls nutjobs. He is in the psychiatric ward because of a failed suicide attempt. The novel outlined the 45 days he spent in the hospital.

I'm going to be honest here, I had heard great things about this book but when I picked it up i was completely underwhelmed. I read about 20 chapters in and skimmed the rest. Jeff was really a 2D character who was passive aggressive and annoying and I just didn't enjoy reading this book. Also, another thing I didn't like about this book was the fact that they glossed over how important suicide is. They treated it like a joke and I was turned off by that.

2/5 stars For this one.

Until next time,
Indigo

No comments:

Post a Comment