Book Review! Meridienne Drake by Jessica Dragon Cheramie

Wednesday, 25 April 2012

Book: Meridienne Drake: Secrets of the Truth
Author: Jessica Dragon Cheramie
Pages: 364 Pages
Format: Nook
Goodreads Link

I'm back today for another review! Today's book is Meridienne Drake: Secrets of the Truth by Jessica Dragon Cheramie. First off, I love her name. Just gonna say that.

The story is about a girl name Meridienne Drake, who had just graduated from eighth grade and, as a gift, her parents have decided to send her off to Oregon to spend the summer with family that she had no idea existed. After spending a few days there, she not only meets a cute boy named Will on the beach, but she also learns that the family she had no idea existed is hiding something from her. Something big.

What i really liked about this book is that, it really did have the possibility to be very cliche but it was far from it. It was written well, and there were great characters. I also liked how the secrecy aspect of it wasn't like 'OMG WE BE KEEPIN SECRETS MUHAHAHA', but was kept in a very riddle-esque type way, in which she was always told something, but never really enough. I also am a sucker for dragons, which make an appearance in the book.

There was only one thing that I didnt like about the book and it wasnt about the story or the writing either. It was just the fact that I, myself, believe that I was a little old for this book. I  think that this would be a book that would do well in the preteen community, but I felt like I was a little old.

I would definatly reccomend this to people from the ages of 11 to 14, but It was a great read.

3.5/5 stars for the book, for the sole reason of that it was a bit young, but, for the story i give it 5/5 ( i loved the plot)

Thanks for reading, and i'll see you all soon!

-Indigo
@IndigoWayworth

No comments:

Post a Comment