Book Review! The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Sunday, 15 April 2012

Book: The Fault in Our Stars
The Fault in Our StarsAuthor: John Green
Pages: 313 Pages
Format: Signed hardcover edition
Goodreads Link

Today, I'll be reviewing one of my all time favourite books, The Fault in Our Stars! In John Green's latest novel, we meet Hazel Grace Lancaster, a teenager who was diagnosed with stage 4 thyroid cancer at the age of 14. She was prepared to die, until a medical miracle came along and shrunk her tumor. Fast forward to Hazel at age 16. At one of her cancer support groups she meets a boy - Augustus Waters. Augustus is handsome, in remission, and most importantly, interested in Hazel. This sis the story about Hazel, Augustus, and the small infinite they get to share in this messed up world we call reality.

This, in my opinion, is one of John Green's greatest books. It is a brutally, terribly, darkly, gut-wrenchingly, heart-breakingly beautiful novel that discusses the big questions such as love, existential meaning, and infinite carnality, while still having that wonderful humour that John Green is known for.

I was obsessed with the characters and just the story in general. John Green writes so eloquently and it makes me melt sometimes. He writes lines, like "I fell in love the way you fall asleep; slowly, then all at once." I just melt.

This book was read in one tear-drenched sitting, and I'm now still thinking about how much you can fall in love with ficional people. Also how much you can miss them. I had never met anyone from the book, but yet, i felt empty in a way when the novel was over. And that is why I enjoy reading so much. This is one book that will never truly leave you.

Today's rating is special: 6/5 Stars. One of the best books ive ever had the joy of reading. And if you don't read this book; you are missing out on Young Adult Fiction at its finest.

-Indigo

No comments:

Post a Comment