Book Review! Delirium by Lauren Oliver

Friday, 20 April 2012

Book: Delirium
Author: Lauren Oliver
Pages: 329 pages
Format: Nook Book
Goodreads Link


     Hey everyone! Today i'm here with a review on Delirium by Lauren Oliver. I had seen a whole bunch of things online about 'Joining the Resistance" (something that will make sense when you've read the book) so i had to give it a shot. And wow. I'm glad I did.

     This story is about Lena, a seventeen year old girl who lives in a dystopian version of Portland, Oregon. At this time in America, people have come to the conclusion that love is a disease, and that it's something you need to be cured from. You can get the cure when you are 18, and to Lena, it's going to be the best day of her life. She will be safe from 'Amor Deliria Nervosa' or Love, and she won't have to worry about it anymore. Until 95 days before her set date for the cure, something terrible happens; She falls in love.

     I got this book on my nook and I couldn't put it down. I am a huge believer in love, and the fact that Lauren Oliver was able to make me understand why everyone believed that love was a disease really says something. And I think Lena was an amazingly written character. She was flawed, different, and overall well written. The story too was such a great idea. I had never thought about if life was like that and ugh it was just such a great book.

     I would recommend this to anyone and it overall gets 5/5 stars. I was very pleased with this book and I can't wait to read the sequel; Pandemonium. And also, what a beautiful cover! =P

See you all soon!
-Indigo

No comments:

Post a Comment