Book Review! Bad Girls Don't Die by Katie Alender

Sunday, 22 April 2012


Book: Bad Girls Don't Die
Author: Katie Alender
Pages: 346
Format: Paperback
Goodreads Link

Hey everyone! I read this book about a month back and never did a review. So here it is!

This book follows the story of Alexis; a pink haired teenager who really has no friends and has a passionate love of film photography. Her little sister, Kasey, has a love of antique dolls. One day, when Kasey and Alexis are home, Kasey starts to get scared, and Alexis tells her a story. And that's when she realizes that her sister isn't who she used to be. She is changing. Her eyes are changing colors, doors open and close behind her, and the stove boils when it is not on.

I really did enjoy reading this book. I have never read a lot of paranormal books, but this was a good one. It was also very mysterious and dark, which i loved. The plot was very  interesting and it was a well written. Also, I really enjoyed the way that Alexis was written. She was a believable character who reading about was really my favorite part of the book.

What i didn't like was that the novel didn't hold a lot of suspense. I was let down because i was hoping for a suspenseful book that kept me on my toes, but i really just kind of floated through the book. I was also disappointed because, the blurb on the back of the novel made it seem that the novel would be more about the dolls (think Chucky {God i love that movie}). Lastly, the romance aspect of the novel was kind of unnecessary and wasn't needed.

Overall, it was a good book, but it didn't really wow me. I will pick up the next book in the series, and will get the third one when it comes out in a few months.

3.5/5 stars

See you guys soon! I will be doing some memes on this blog, like Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by The Broke and The Bookish and I will also be taking part in Friday's Finest by A Bookful Of Thoughts!
-Indigo
@IndigoWayworth

No comments:

Post a Comment